• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Monotype Corsiva in Indesign

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ordered "Indesign"  yesterday eveninig and I figured out that there is not available a Monotype Corsiva font.  I am used to work in it, I have a logotype in Monotype Corsiva too ... How can I get it in? I found out that it is possible to buy this font, but ... can I isntall it into Indesign after than? And if it works, how can I do it? I see only Typekit fonts so I am not sure, if I pay for Monotype Corsiva, that I will be able to add this font to others in menu. It is the most useful font after Times Ner Romance for me and I really need it. Thank you for help and sorry for english ... Romana

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Hi Romana,

Yes, if you purchase Monotype Corsiva and install it on your computer, you will be able to use it in InDesign.  Once you have downloaded and installed the font files, Monotype Corsiva will be listed in the type menu alongside your other installed fonts.

The website where you purchase the license(s) should provide installation instructions for you operating system, but here are some general ones as well:

http://www.adobe.com/products/type/install-instructions.html

And here is more informat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Adobe Type

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Romana,

Yes, if you purchase Monotype Corsiva and install it on your computer, you will be able to use it in InDesign.  Once you have downloaded and installed the font files, Monotype Corsiva will be listed in the type menu alongside your other installed fonts.

The website where you purchase the license(s) should provide installation instructions for you operating system, but here are some general ones as well:

http://www.adobe.com/products/type/install-instructions.html

And here is more information working with fonts in InDesign:

InDesign Help | Using fonts

I hope that this helps; let me know if you have any other questions! Best,

-- liz

Adobe Typekit

Support Representative

support@typekit.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Liz. It´s all done and I can do my work!! Monotype is already in my Indisegn menu Thank you, Romana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know if this information has been updated now that Adobe does not have True Type fonts. I have a client who is interested in using Monotype Corsiva also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I recall correctly Monotype Corsiva is one of the fonts bundled in with copies of Microsoft Office. Purchasing a copy of MS Office is one way to get the typeface. Another method, as mentioned before, is buying the font outright. It's not cheap though, $89 for one font file (price listed at MyFonts).

Regarding Adobe and TrueType fonts, those kinds of fonts still work in Adobe applications. Postscript Type 1 fonts have been retired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have Microsoft Office and Monotype Cursiva installed in my system. Why should I have to buy it again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You wouldn't need to buy it. The person who started this discussion thread didn't have a copy of the Corsiva typeface installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that typeface does not appear on my 2024 CC InDesign or Photoshop available font list. Fortunately there are dozens of free knockoffs of Zapf Chancery (of which Corsiva itself is a knockoff) for me to pick from and install. The one I chose is acceptable to InDesign programs, so I only have to do a find-replace in any old file that I'm retrieving. Thanks for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually Monotype Corsiva and Zapf Chancery are different typefaces. They look similar, but have quite a few subtle differences.

If you open the Windows Fonts folder do you see Monotype Corsiva installed there? I don't have MS Office installed on my computer; so I don't know if the latest versions are installing their font packs into Windows' Fonts folder or if they're being installed as a kind of "app." There are several font packages available for free at the Microsoft Windows store that behave like an app to install. Adobe applications like Illustrator and InDesign will have commonly used fonts stored in program sub-folders. The copy of Monotype Corsiva on your computer system could be stored like that.

If Monotype Corsiva is present in the Windows Fonts folder it should show up in the fonts list in Adobe applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have microsoft office and see the font in the font list. How can I use the font in the creative cloud apps from my mac os?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the font is installed in the Mac OSX Font Book it should be visible in the fonts menu in Creative Cloud apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines