• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Myriad font crashes Word when trying to PDF or print (sometimes)

May 21, 2009 May 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got Myriad installed on my system as part of CS4, and have been gradually integrating it into my company's Word workflow (using Windows XP SP2).  In most cases, I am able to print directly to the printer (IKON), but sometimes Word will crash to the desktop when attempting to print.  Also, I am unable to PDF these Word documents.  Can anyone suggest a fix for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At Adobe, we are not aware of any interaction problems between Word and the Myriad Pro font family. In fact Myriad has been one of our corporate fonts and is very heavily used within Adobe without any problems.

What version of Word are you actually using?

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using Office 2003.

I was able to print a Word document several times today, and then I adjusted a couple of things (added a table) and then was no longer able to print the document.

Edit:  I saved it as an XML document and as a Word 2007 document and both were able to print.  The Word 2007 document crashed when I tried to PDF it, but was able to PDF the XML.  Weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 22, 2009 May 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would appear to be a problem with MS Word.

Microsoft sponsors a couple of excellent Word forums - I'd try the

newsgroup

microsoft public.word.printingfonts

It's available on the microsoft newsserver msnews.microsoft.com, and

on most other usenet newsservers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2009 May 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've just replied in a similar thread. I had the same problem with Word after installing and trying to use quite a few new fonts. The following hotfix solved the problem for me. (The AdobePDF printer dialog window still shows error printing each document, but the PDFs are created and saved regardless.)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952909

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines