• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help in finding a font for a logo

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2009 Nov 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking for help in finding a font for my logo. I'm not a designer at all, so I'm calling on all the fine designers and folks on the Adobe site to help me out. All replies are, of course, appreciated and any suggestions/comments/ideas will be welcome.

I'm designing a logo for my film company. I wanted to keep it simple but not boring either. I put together the first draft of the logo using Photoshop CS3 and used Trajan Pro for the film company words (Panthera Films) and used Futura for the slogan ("Inspiration through Imagination"). While I don't mind the fonts, it's simple but, alas, too boring. I love the panther image but need a dynamic font for "Panthera Films" and a complimenting font for the slogan. 

Can anyone recommend a good combination of fonts to replace the Trajan Pro and Futura? As well, I want to give the logo a nice presence without it being too loud, bold or jumping off the page. As well, should the font for "Films" be the same as "Panthera" or can they be different?

The image I attached is something I was thinking to use as a banner on a website.

Any help would be appreciated too with this

TIA,

Dale

panthera.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dale,

I would suggest your using the same font for at least Panthera and Films because they form one name.

Have you decided upon a long logo rather than a more square one? Have you considered the panther jumping over the bottom line with the name over, or over and under, or round it? I am not saying it would be better. I like the long logo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't be opposed to putting the words over/under the panther at all. I like the long logo for my website banner as the logo is going to be in the middle of the banner and the banner stretches across the full screen (and fills out the banner more).

Any suggestions in terms of fonts to use so it doesn't look so bland or just too plain?

Thanks,

Dale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dale,

As I said, I like it too.

You may consider making it a bit heavier, maybe bold, for readability at small sizes.

It is hard to recommend a specific font because it should represent your company and what it stands for. Have you tried typing the name in a word processing application (Worst or something better) and then running through all the font you have? If not, that might give you a few new thoughts about the overall kind of font you feel is the right one. And then it is much easier to recommend something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines