• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

no option to install after right click on HV________.PFB font in Windows 8 64 bit

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2014 Nov 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install Helvetica on Windows 8.1 64 bit, every forum i read tells me to just right click on the font and hit the install...simple.

Well when i right click i don't get the option to install, any ideas??

HV_PFB.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

You either got bum advice or you didn't quite get the instructions correct.

You need both the .PFB and the .PFM files associated with the font in the directory. You right-click on the .PFM file to install the font which then uses both of the files together for full and proper installation.

If you don't have both files, you can't install the font. The .PFB file contains the font's outline and hinting information with rudimentary font metrics. The .PFM contains more complete font metrics information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You either got bum advice or you didn't quite get the instructions correct.

You need both the .PFB and the .PFM files associated with the font in the directory. You right-click on the .PFM file to install the font which then uses both of the files together for full and proper installation.

If you don't have both files, you can't install the font. The .PFB file contains the font's outline and hinting information with rudimentary font metrics. The .PFM contains more complete font metrics information necessary for programs that need to format text using the font.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Dov, perfectly explained got .pfm file and they loaded just as you said they would.

Cheers Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines