• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old Type 1 suitcase files in OS 10.10

Contributor ,
Nov 14, 2014 Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to remember that I do not need to keep all of the suitcase files in all of the point sizes. Example: ACaslon AltSemiboldItalic 10 (12, 14, 18, 24). Can I delete all but one of them without affecting performance?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 15, 2014 Nov 15, 2014

What does Adobe Caslon Pro miss in terms of glyphs that you had in the old Type 1 versions of Adobe Caslon? If anything, the glyph complement was expanded from the combination of the base fonts and expert sets. However, the OpenType CFF fonts are Unicode-based and you typically need to use a glyph palette or use the OpenType features of your layout program to get at the alternate glyphs. Perhaps you can advise exactly which glyph(s) you think are missing?

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. That was long time ago! You may read a similar answer to another post Will Adobe Fontfolio 9.0 work on MacOSX Yosemite?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha ha. Yes, it was created August 20, 1998. Still works, tho! I see that Dov has explained why I should not keep using these things. But the OTF version does not have the fancy variations that the older font has. And I am devoted to Adobe Caslon. It is (was?) my signature font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does Adobe Caslon Pro miss in terms of glyphs that you had in the old Type 1 versions of Adobe Caslon? If anything, the glyph complement was expanded from the combination of the base fonts and expert sets. However, the OpenType CFF fonts are Unicode-based and you typically need to use a glyph palette or use the OpenType features of your layout program to get at the alternate glyphs. Perhaps you can advise exactly which glyph(s) you think are missing?

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Dov. It's not glyphs. It's variation faces. OH! they are inside the font instead of a separate suitcase. I never even looked. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines