Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Only 1 Variation of Gotham Font Family Works At One Time

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2010 Jun 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, Community -

I have a dozen variations of Gotham as True Type files.  They each have a unique file name (Gotham-Black, Gotham-Book, Gotham-Thin, etc).

I have loaded them all on my PC's system font folder.  Possible clue: The Filename for the Gotham variations are not all cap, abbreviated like the other fonts in the system folder.

system-folder.png

When I open Illustrator CS4 only Gotham-Book (with regular and italic attributes) are displayed.  In my font window it displays simply as Gotham.

list.png

default.png

I tried removing them and reinstalling the fonts in to my system folder, restarting Illustrator, restarting my computer.  Same thing for Photoshop CS5.

I then tried installing them one at a time and testing them in one document.  The display name in the font window remains simply "Gotham" but the appearance of the type on my artboard will change appropriately (the text will appear ultra thin, or Black, etc).

And then when I open that document again after closing Illustrator and adding a new variation of Gotham to my system folder, it will only recognize (= the appearance of the type on my artboard will change accordingly) the newest variation installed, but it will display other variation names I've tested as a missing font.

missing-fonts.png

I've never encountered anything like this!

Thank you in advance for taking the time to help me.  It is greatly appreciated!

Best,

Patrick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2010 Jun 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should contact the foundry:

http://www.typography.com/home/index.php

They are the sole source for this font, so there's no question that they are the ones to support it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines