Opening documents without net-connection or with with other computer

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a textbook for my training and also PowerPoint presentations with same fonts that I used in the book. Looks really good! Thanks Adobe.

I did know that CC fonts are only for those who keep paying for CC, so I embedded fonts to the document. For my great surprise, when I open the document without internet connection or with a computer that hasn't CC installed, fonts are substituted with awful ones!

I have already used these same fonts for Word-documents which I have sent by e-mail. Now I realise that the same substitution must have happened for those which has in essense made me look like retard who can't use basic office apps.

Is it really so, that fonts from CC can't be used in documents that are opened in computers withthout CC installed or without internet connection?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming that you were using Typekit fonts:

... when I open the document without internet connection ...

In this case, read here: Using Typekit fonts offline?

... or with a computer that hasn't CC installed ...

In this case, you have to buy the font(s).

Fenja

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. So all I have to do is to buy this font for anyone who I send a document for... These fonts seem very useful for all kinds of documents.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines