• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pagemaker Fonts

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see what each of the fonts look like without trying each one, while using Pagemaker to create a photo/document. I thought that somehow the font samples showed up--what the headline styles would actually look like without going through all of them. Do you know where or how I can see samples of each available font on this program? It would make working up headlines, etc., so much easier. Thanks for any suggestions.

Bill Ennis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are out of luck with this. Pagemaker is quite old and has not been updated in a very long time. The sample feature you describe is common in many apps today, but not Pagemaker. The only thing I can suggest is that you use the operating system's font samples. If you are on Windows, opening the Fonts Control Panel will list all the fonts and show a small sample of each. On Mac, FontBook will do the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input.....would I be better off using another Adobe program (i.e., InDesign)? I used to work on a corporate newsletter and always used Pagemaker (years ago)....But, now I want to design "pages" that resemble newsletter pages--with headlines and photo inserts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, yes, InDesign can do that (and a lot more) and it has much better typographic controls and samples. I freely admit to being biased; I do, after all, work for the company (and in the Type group no less), so feel free to gather other opinions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So with InDesign I can create newsletter-like files and be able to easily import photos and text into "pages" and then save them as what (.pdf, jpg, etc.) so I can make prints from them? Is this a rather costly program to purchase? Thanks again for all your help and advice. I might have to look into getting something like InDesign for the projects I want to create in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that sort of thing is actually pretty simple for InDesign. As for the cost, you be the judge. Currently our apps like that are only available on a subscription basis. A single app like InDesign is, I think, $20/mo. There *may* be a discount for buying an entire year, but I'm not sure. When it was available for full purchase, it was around $400 or $500, so if you spread the cost out on that monthly basis, it's not unreasonable. I *think* you can buy just one month at a time and 'discontinue' it for months you don't need to use it. I think there is even a free trial for a few weeks.  You can dig into all this up on www.adobe.com; read up on the various plans and costs and read everything you can find on InDesign  (Desktop publishing software | Download free Adobe InDesign CC trial) and see if it's what you have in mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, and be sure to check system requirements. If you are running Pagemaker, you may be using a system old enough that the current software won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines