Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PC Font Management, CS4 and Windows 7

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2009 Nov 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new PC.

Starting from scratch I had Windows Vista 64 installed as this was just before the Microsnot launch of Windows 7. I bought CS4 Design Premium and had this pre-loaded. I downloaded Extensis Font Fusion 2 and loaded that. After loading this I had issues with Illustrator crashing and also Indesign and Flash. Also Photoshop 64 pretty much wouldn't work at all. I removed Font Fusion2 and found the Adobe products were less flakey but still not solid. I then upgraded Windows to V7 64bit. This also improved matters though PS64 still wasn't 100% stable.I called extensis and they said that they had released a version that answered this issue, but since loading the latest version of Suitcase Fusion 2 Illustrator has become very much less stable and also PS64 is now unusable, which is a bit of a shag as I have paid to have 12 gB of ram in this machine which is only used by the 64bit apps.

I have called Adobe technical who were pretty unhelpful.

Has anyone found a good type manager for under £100 that actually works with Adobe CS4?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 05, 2009 Dec 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're working on a stand-alone machine, why not trying to work without font management?

I worked with suitcase 11,  and all went fine. (running on xp64).

Since we're in a network, we opted for universal type server and client, both working well. I'm sure that on the web the're several free managers can be found

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines