• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help! Installed fonts just stopped showing up in CS4 MAC, how do i get them back?

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2011 Jul 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.6.8

still on Adobe CS4, i initially had problems getting CS4 to see my installed fonts when upgraded to Snow Lepoard, googled the problem, tried several different things for hours - something worked not sure what exactly but CS4 started seeing all of my installed fonts.

Now all of a sudden, they are not showing up again, i have not downloaded anything, installed anything, moved anything - were all there and working last week, and then this week they are not.

I have 1060 fonts installed - work for an agency with hundreds of different clients so need a lot of fonts. Am not using any font manager - just fontbook, is that the issue? all 1060 fonts are showing up as installed in Fontbook....

I have some fonts in HD>library>fonts, and also fonts in user>library>fonts, could this be the issue? is it best to have them in just one place? if so which folder is best to have all fonts in?

I know indesign has its own font folder - which is now where it seems to be reading fonts from, and illustrator is reading its fonts from somewhere else - only about 30-40 are showing up there, system fonts folder i'm guessing?

How can i get indesign and illustrator to read fonts from my actual font libraries?

any help is much appreciated! Our graphic design team of 2 are the only ones on macs so all our IT support guys are PC based and never know anything on how to fix mac issues so i'm on my own with this issue!

Thanks

Mel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2011 Jul 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are managing fonts with font book, then all should be well. Something else is going on. Try installing Onyx and use that to delete all your caches including your font cache. You willl need to restart your computer after clearing your caches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines