Postscript fonts unavailable in CC

New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I welcome any help I can get on this. We have thousands of older PDF files that use a Postscript version of Times-BoldItalic. But, the fonts weren't embedded. When we activated the correct Times font in CS6 and earlier, Times renders the way we expect and prepress is able to do their job. With CC, the Postscript font is just invisible. Including the font in ~/Library/Fonts does nothing. Including the font in /Applications/Adobe Indesign CC 2017/Fonts does nothing. All newer Adobe products (Acrobat DC, Indesign CC 2017, Illustrator CC 2017) use the Times set that is part of the OS. The OS itself uses the Postscript when I activate it via Spotlight and Preview. Indesign CS6 and earlier and Acrobat XI and earlier render the Postscript font correctly. Just not newer Adobe products. I've been scouring the internet, but can't find a way to make Postscript fonts work in CC. I doubt I'm alone in this. Has anyone found a workaround?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?