• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem installing purchased MyriadPro font on x64 PC

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2009 Aug 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had purchased the Myriad Pro font pack from Adobe several years ago. When upgrading my PC to Windows Vista x64, I thought that I did not need the Adobe Type Manager Lite to get my fonts to install properly; however, when installing my Myriad Pro fonts, they appear to have "TT" artifacts within the center of characters.

I have attached an image below. Perhaps someone has run into this before and can provide me with an answer.

The version of Myriad Pro I have is 2.006. Some of the Myriad Pro files are Open Type, others are True Type.

Thank you in advance.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/4777/capturehlh.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 05, 2009 Aug 05, 2009

mbranstein wrote:

The version of Myriad Pro I have is 2.006. Some of the Myriad Pro files are Open Type, others are True Type.

That's not possible. All the fonts in Myriad Pro's v2.006 release are .otf files, thus OpenType fonts not TrueType.

The only Myriad designs ever released in TrueType format were the families named "Myriad Web", "Myriad Web CE" and "Myriad Web Pro".

Those "TT" artifacts were likely to have been made by a font conversion tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mbranstein wrote:

That's not possible. All the fonts in Myriad Pro's v2.006 release are .otf files, thus OpenType fonts not TrueType.

The only Myriad designs ever released in TrueType format were the families named "Myriad Web", "Myriad Web CE" and "Myriad Web Pro".

Those "TT" artifacts were likely to have been made by a font conversion tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It has been very difficult to find any information on this anywhere.

To expand on this a little further, when I was running Windows XP and had installed my fonts with the Adobe Type Manager, the artifacts did not appear, but installing directly into Windows Vista x64 may have converted the fonts slightly and caused the artifacts.

If I wanted to use Myriad Pro on my new Vista x64 machine, what would my options be? Try to obtain an updated version from Adobe?

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, installing fonts on Windows Vista x64 does not modify them in any way, so it's hard for me to understand why that alone would cause the artifacts.

Which Myriad Pro fonts are displaying the artifacts? Only the TrueType versions you say you have? Only the OpenType (.otf) fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2009 Aug 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Miguel_Sousa wrote:

AFAIK, installing fonts on Windows Vista x64 does not modify them in any way, so it's hard for me to understand why that alone would cause the artifacts.

Which Myriad Pro fonts are displaying the artifacts? Only the TrueType versions you say you have? Only the OpenType (.otf) fonts?

I have a Myriad Pro Black font that is OpenType that causes the error. I am thinking that someone at our company had tried to convert these fonts at one time and permanently corrupted the font files.

The reason I beleive that someone had tried to meddle with the font files is that we have an Open Type Myriad Pro Black and a True Type version. Both have the same version number. As you indicated Myriad Pro 2.006 only canme in Open Type, thus someone on our end may have tried to convert the font to True Type instead of installing Adobe Type Manager before operating system supported Open Type natively.

One final comment to add is that the font does not have a "TT" in the center, but instead a "TRT" - probably an artifact from trying to convert the original files from Open type to True Type.

As a work-around we've just decided to use different fonts.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mbranstein wrote:

As a work-around we've just decided to use different fonts.

Excuse me? ?!!

Why don't you nuke the corrupted fonts and re-install them from scratch from the original media?  You do own them, don't you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would love to use our originals, but I have no idea where they are

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines