• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem running FDK with Python 2.3.2 on Windows XP

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2003 Oct 25, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just replaced Python 2.2.2 with Python 2.3.2 on my Windows XP (i.e., I uninstalled 2.2.2 first and installed 2.3.2 afterwards).

Now I cannot get FDK into working. When running FDK.py or MakeOTF.py, I keep getting:

C:\Python23\FDK\Tools\Programs\makeotf\exe>python MakeOTF.py
Error: Could not find makeotflib or makeotflibDB
['C:\\Python23\\FDK\\Tools\\Programs\\makeotf\\exe', 'C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\python23.zip', 'C:\\Python23\\lib\\site-pac
kages\\Pythonwin', 'C:\\Python23\\lib\\site-packages\\win32', 'C:\\Python23\\lib\\site-packages\\win32\\lib', 'C:\\Pytho
n23\\lib\\site-packages', 'C:\\Python23\\DLLs', 'C:\\Python23\\lib', 'C:\\Python23\\lib\\plat-win', 'C:\\Python23\\lib\\
lib-tk', 'C:\\Python23', 'C:\\Python23\\FDK\\Tools\\SharedData', 'C:\\Python23\\FDK\\Tools\\Programs\\OTFProof\\exe\\nt'
, 'C:\\Python23\\FDK\\Tools\\Programs\\tx\\exe', 'C:\\Python23\\FDK\\Tools\\Programs\\tx\\exe\\nt', 'C:\\Python23\\lib\\
site-packages\\FontTools', 'C:\\Python23\\lib\\site-packages\\Numeric', 'C:\\Python23\\lib\\site-packages\\PIL', 'C:\\Py
thon23\\FDK\\Tools\\Programs\\makeotf\\exe\\nt']
Getting Font Environment data from: C:\Python23\FDK\Tools\SharedData\FontEnvironment.txt
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "MakeOTF.py", line 77, in ?
from encryptfilelib import *
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

What can I do?

Adam
TOPICS
Open Type FDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2003 Oct 26, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam,

I believe you are "sorry out of luck" with this, because the shared libraries (DLLs) used by the OTFDK are specific to the version of Python headers/libraries they were compiled with (if compiled with 2.2, usable with 2.2, but not 2.3). It appears that the specific problem you have right now is that the OTFDK search paths (.pth files) were not installed properly, but even if they were, the DLL import would still fail because of the aforementioned problem.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2003 Oct 27, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I've done "brute force" for now: I binary-patched the .pyd files from "python22.dll" to "python23.dll". Issies a warning but works 😕 I hope FDK 1.7 will be 2.3-compatible!

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2003 Oct 28, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we are in the process of upgrading to python 2.3. It is really frustrating for us as well that the executables are not backwards compatible for pyd's and slb's.

Antoine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2005 Sep 20, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this situation changed in any way? I recently downloaded the FDK, Python 2.4... all sorts of things I never used before. When I try to run "python FDK.py" I get the same error message, no doubt for the same reason. I have no idea how to "brute force" anything.

-Mark DeVries

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2005 Sep 21, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
No, it hasn't changed. Windows FDK libs were compiled with Python 2.2 headers. The only way to get the FDK to work is to use Python 2.2 under Windows. However, a new FDK release, updated to Python 2.4, will be out soon., 'soon' meaning early December 2005.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines