• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Myriad Pro and Office 2010

Nov 25, 2011 Nov 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

we have a strange problem one a few of our computers. we recently upgraded a few computers to Windows 7 with Office 2010.

On those computers, when they create a new, or edit an existing document with Myriad pro as font and put in a Watermark, all the text gets compressed on one big pile of letters.

when you increade/decrease the size of the font (default is 11) all the text comes back normal. Not thet font size 11 only has an issue. for example. when you create a document with Myriad Pro size 10 and put in a watermark, the same problem occurs. increasing the font to 11 will get the text back to normal.

the computers with the issue are all Windows 7 and run Office 2010. i tried it on a non and fully patched Word 2010. both have the issue. i also tried a handfull of other Fonts but none of them have the same issue.

also tried it on my own windows 7 office2010 laptop which doesnt run any of their software/plugin's and different anti-virus software. result is the same.

Does anyone have an idea or perhaps the same problem?

Kind regards,

Léon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 25, 2011 Nov 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Léon,

How are ou applying a watermark to a Word document. I am not aware of any native facility within Word that provides explicitly for a watermark. Is this something you are applying through a print driver or a third party plug-in? Are you applying a watermark in a PDF you've already made from the Word document.

A little more information and perhaps we can begin to help you out.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 28, 2011 Nov 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dov,

There is a native function to enter a watermark in Word. In Office 2010 it is on the Page-layout Tab. illustrated here --> http://www.trickyways.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/click-on-page-layout-and-then-watermark.gif

So i also tested it on a Windows 7 with Office 2007. when inserting a watermark the text stays the way it should. So it is probably an issue betweeen Myriad Pro in combination with Office 2010.

Here is how i can reproduce the issue. I create a completely new word document, insert a short line of text with the font Myriad Pro. go to the Page-layout tab and insert the watermark "urgent 2" (same happends with other watermarks).

in this image i inserted the test "Dit is een test". the result is:

watermarkissue.jpg

The same happends when the text is, bold and/or italic.

regards,

Léon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 28, 2011 Nov 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, thanks for the further information.

Yes, I can reproduce this. I also tried this same construct with other applications with Myriad Pro 11pt with equivalents to Microsoft's “watermark” feature (implemented as translucent outlined type - i.e., a non-opaque polygon - overlaying the text).

There is nothing in the font itself that is point size-dependent.

Given that we cannot reproduce this issue with other applications and you cannot reproduce it with other Word versions, the variable appears to be Word 2010. I would suggest that you report the issue to Microsoft and see if they are aware of the issue and of any fix.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines