• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems when using Adobe Wood Type Std font

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Creative Cloud on an IMAC 21.5"/GT750M. Yesterday, I purchased Adobe Wood Type Std. Regular (Mac/Win, English). I installed this font by dragging it to the Font Book. The font is showing up on the font menu in Indesign, but most of the characters are showing up as black ovals or open rectangles with slashes. What have I done wrong? How can I get this font to work? Have I downloaded the wrong version for my computer/software?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 26, 2014 Feb 26, 2014

As mentioned above, they should be readily available in the glyphs palette in both InDesign and Illustrator (Photoshop does not have one). For other apps like Word, your download should have included both a Keyboard Layouts folder and a Readme folder with instructions on how to install and use them and an explanation of how Pi fonts currently work. If you did not receive those, contact me at emarch@adobe.com to let me know and I will send them directly to you. I tested Word myself and the font d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the InDesign forum.

MondayTuesdayWednesday do you experience this same difficulty in other applications or is the font problem with InDesign CC only?  Also which version of Mac OS are you using exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem exists in Illustrator and Photoshop as well. Font does not even show on font menu in Microsoft Word. OS X 10.8.5

<Removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Type forum then.

Susan please be aware that when you are responding via e-mail you are responding to your public posting in the Adobe forums.  I have edited your previous reply to remove your signature.  Please turn off your signature if you wish to respond via e-mail in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually, my entire name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Susan you are welcome to edit your own posts.  If you view your discussion you can click on the edit option to make changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

solution is they are available in the glyphs pallette

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2014 Feb 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As mentioned above, they should be readily available in the glyphs palette in both InDesign and Illustrator (Photoshop does not have one). For other apps like Word, your download should have included both a Keyboard Layouts folder and a Readme folder with instructions on how to install and use them and an explanation of how Pi fonts currently work. If you did not receive those, contact me at emarch@adobe.com to let me know and I will send them directly to you. I tested Word myself and the font does list, albeit somewhat illegibly because of all the bullets and ornaments when in sample mode; if you switch the menu to text only, you should find it easily in the 'A's, but it won't work easily in Word until the keyboard layouts are installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines