Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with using Sourcehan fonts in Adobe software

Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In AI or PS, when I use Sourcehan fonts typesetting a lot of text will be very slow.

Makes me unbearable.

Is this the problem with Adobe Software or Sourcehan fonts?

Please help me, thank you.

————————————

My software is the latest version of adobe, no matter how many typefaces are typesetting.

My computer:            I56260u            Memory 16g            SSD hard disk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At the moment I have five Source Han fonts installed and they work without lag in AICS6 running under Windows 10: 4 weights of Source Han Serif TC and one weight of Source Han Sans KR.  Have you tried installing various weights and locales as individual *.otf's instead of the colossal *.otc form -- which Win10 couldn't handle when the *.otc was first released?   My one gripe, irritating but not critical, is that IDCS6's Glyphs panel shows tiny chars., which doesn't happen with AICS6.  (I'll upgrade to CC one of these days, but I keep putting that off to avoid migrating a custom metadata panel to CC.)

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines