• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Professor font issue

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with the professor font not showing a d character if it is preceeded by woo. Adobe fonts own tester shows this issue. My temporary fix is to add an extra d to the text for it to show one d on my website.  Has anyone else encountered this issue and know of a way to fix?

elintwcas_0-1607006281434.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

As the designer of Professor, I’d like to thank you for this report!

In something of a panic, I just opened InDesign and typed the same series of words—and the “d” in “wood” showed up just fine. Since I doubt there’s an issue with Adobe’s tester, my guess is they’ve got an older version of Professor. (I seem to recall such an OpenType error in a previous version.)

I’ll get in touch with them right away to make sure they have the current release.

Meanwhile, I can explain the various double-o diff

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug only seems to occur when the word "wood" is used with a lower case "w".
No bug in wool, good, food, Wood ...

There are 3 types of the lower case letter "o" - try it:

1. Standard "o" like in "most",
2. Version without the small loop, like in "more"
3. Special version for the pairing of "ov", like in "move" (special version of "v" also)

professor.png

When you write a word with "oo", automatically the first "o" will be changed to version 2 / but not in "wool", oddly enough.

I can't find a table of all glyphs, because I haven't a Adobe subscription. So I can't try it. I installed the demo version of this font and there's no bug when I use two standard "o" for "wood" because the other two versions aren't available in the demo.

Maybe you can swap it out with the help of the glyph table.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As the designer of Professor, I’d like to thank you for this report!

In something of a panic, I just opened InDesign and typed the same series of words—and the “d” in “wood” showed up just fine. Since I doubt there’s an issue with Adobe’s tester, my guess is they’ve got an older version of Professor. (I seem to recall such an OpenType error in a previous version.)

I’ll get in touch with them right away to make sure they have the current release.

Meanwhile, I can explain the various double-o differences us-hh has noted:

The default “o” has the loop you see in “most.”
The word “more” includes an “or” ligature.

The word “move” has an “ove” ligature.

The words “Wood,” “good,” and “food” use an “oo” ligature.

The words “wood” and “wool” serve as ligatures of their own (which explains why their internal “oo” combination differs from that in “good,” etc.).

The word “wood” is supposed to work exactly like the word “wool.”

Thank you again!

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines