• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Recovering" My Copy of Tekton MM

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2009 Mar 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own a legal copy of the Tekton Multiple Master. It came bundled with my original copy of ATM 4.0, which worked fine when I was using Windows NT/2000. The OS on my current home PC is XP. When I try to install Tekton using the built-in Windows Font Installer, no fonts are recognized on the ATM CD. Is there some way to "recover" (uncover?) a usable copy of Tekton from this CD? It's one of my favorite fonts, but I can't afford to replace it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a feeling I know the answer, but have to ask it anyway.

Thanks!

Catherine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multiple Master fonts aren't supported by XP, but they can be used if
you install the latest version of ATM. This is the only case where ATM
is required under XP.

MM fonts are no longer supported, and there is no way to use them
under Vista or subsequent operating systems. With ATM you can create
instances and save the results as ordinary Type 1 fonts, which are,
and for the foreseeable future will be, supported.

- Herb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> MM fonts are no longer supported

True.

> and there is no way to use them
> under Vista or subsequent operating systems.

Well, there is, but the routes are not supported. You'd have to install and run ATM on Vista, which involves turning off "User Account Control." This is a bit of a security risk. (I do it, but I am not recommending it.)

Cheers,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Windows Fonts Control Panel and its "Install Fonts" function does not support Multiple Master fonts. ATM Lite 4.1.1. Furthermore, no version of Windows natively supports Multiple Master fonts. Assuming that you are not running Vista (i.e., you are running Windows 2000 or XP), you can download and install ATM Lite 4.1 from Adobe's website at . ATM Lite 4.1 will allow you to install the Multiple Master fonts as well as create instances from ...

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2009 Mar 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't MM fonts be installed in the Adobe fonts folder for use by CS
applications?

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 18, 2009 Mar 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
They can be so-installed, but Adobe applications no longer have the facility to generate new instances or to dynamically choose any position along the design axis.

- Dov
- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines