• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recommended font for book cover

Enthusiast ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My book cover designs always get a thumbs down, but I decided to give it another try. I'm not sure if this is really a good design, but it looks OK to my eye. The big question mark (for me) is the fonts. I don't have a good eye for choosing the best fonts for conveying ideas or emotions.

In this design, I chose the familiar Times New Roman for the title. Can anyone recommend a better font, or suggest a strategy for making the title look more exciting? Or do you think it's OK as it is?

Since it's a scientific work, I chose a serif font to make the title look more traditional and authoritative. On the other hand, conspiracy is popularly associated with the weird, mysteries and true crime stories. So I thought of using a font that gives the cover a more mysterious, provocative feeling.

If you think the design totally stinks, please let me know, and I'll hire a professional. My designs are usually shot down. 😉

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Design is subjective but one rule that always applies is that the eye should come to rest on the most important part of the design. This cover is chopped up and seems disjointed- more a collection of things thrown on a page than a coherent whole. Just my two cents.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Design is subjective but one rule that always applies is that the eye should come to rest on the most important part of the design. This cover is chopped up and seems disjointed- more a collection of things thrown on a page than a coherent whole. Just my two cents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines