• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Registered Trademark ®

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2009 Feb 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a logo set in Palatino (it's our company logo) and I just found out that I have 2 versions of it: one with the ® symbol in Helvetica and the other one set in Palatino, like the logo.

Which font should be used for that symbol?

Is there a rule for that, or is it just a matter of taste?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rene,

It's a matter of taste, although virtually every time I see ® it is in a semibold sans serif. My sense is that as long as it is small and readable, it serves its purpose.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil.

The Sans Serif is good, particularly when it is really small, for legibility and registration on press.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Rene,

I agree that Palatino won't reduce in size that well. I prefer to keep ® marks residing next to logos as small as possible.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines