• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sending files with Typekit Fonts to Vendors/Adobe CS6 Product Compatibility

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am contemplating whether to buy a subscription to Typekit. Can anyone answer if:

1.) It is compatible with Adobe CS6 products? (Specifically, inDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat.)

2.) Can I send the fonts to a professional printer for output to press as part of my .indd or .ai files or do I need to save to PDF? Reason I ask is, don't printers generally want the native files and fonts in order to put into their workflow software, or can they use a PDF file that I generate to their specifications?

Thanks All!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carolyn,

I work at Typekit and can answer these questions for you:

> 1.) It is compatible with Adobe CS6 products? (Specifically, inDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat.)

Typekit fonts should work with all your CS apps.

> 2.) Can I send the fonts to a professional printer for output to press as part of my .indd or .ai files or do I need to save to PDF? Reason I ask is, don't printers generally want the native files and fonts in order to put into their workflow software, or can they use a PDF file that I generate to their specifications?

You can't send the actual font files to the printer or package them. However, the fonts will be embedded into a PDF and you can send the files that way.

I hope that clears things up. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any professional printer should have Typekit and will have access to your Typekit fonts. If not find a new printer as CC comes with Typekit. I cannot imagine a professional printer that does not have a subscription to the CC. It is a cost of doing business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines