• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

show uninstalled .pfm font names in Windows 7?

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2010 Oct 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bunch of old fonts that I've kept each time I upgraded to a new computer or OS (WIndows 95 to XP and now Windows 7). In the past, I've always been able to easily pick out which fonts I wanted to install uning Adobe Type Manager. Well, ATM doesn't work in Win 7. I can install fonts just fine BUT trying to figure out which particular file to install is the problem. I can see the files names like pvw3__.pfm, but I don't know which font that is. I can discover the font name if I double click on the .pfm file,  but clicking on each one indivivually to try and find the one I want is painfully slow. Is there some utility or setting that will show uninstalled font names?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem, it's killing me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

bump: Please someone help with this solution. I have found that ttf can have "Title" enabled in details view (right click on the columns and check the "Title" and this will work to show the names. But this does not work for pfm/pfb files. Pleae someone help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines