Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slightly off topic but a query on open type fonts

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2004 Oct 07, 2004

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I went to buy the frutiger fonts (9fonts) from adobe. The format is open type which is what I want. B ut when going to buy them I am asked whether I want mac or windows format. I thought open type fonts were cross platform? We have both MACs and PCs, if I want the font on both do I have to buy both formats ?

Link to font:
http://store.adobe.com/type/browser/P/P_1186.jhtml

Thanks for any help, sorry for this being off topic but I couldn't see where else to post.

gerryR
TOPICS
Open Type FDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gerry,

I suppose it is just a matter of how they are packed (sit or zip, rar), because, certainly, they are completely cross platform.

Jordi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a million Jordi, I never thought of that

gerryR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 09, 2004 Oct 09, 2004

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, that's it, pretty much. Also, our download manager needs to know whether you're using Mac or Windows. The *contents* of the purchased file are the same.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines