• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Support for Adobe fonts in MS Publisher?

New Here ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Garamond Pro in a Microsoft Publisher file. The font displayed fine in 2014, but when I edit, "Th" switches to a number (first 8, then 6, I think?). There is no issue with the bold or italic versions of the font--just with the normal one. I font came preinstalled with my Office Suite software, so I can't reinstall it without purchasing it, which I'm not authorized to do. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Adobe Garamond Pro, an OpenType CFF Adobe Originals font family, never was bundled with and thus preinstalled with any “office suite software.” If it was on your computer system, it must have either been the result of (1) the font being installed along with older versions of Adobe Creative Suite software (including Illustrator and InDesign), (2) the font being licensed from Adobe or another Adobe authorized reseller, or (3) the font being copied (without a valid license) from some other source,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Garamond Pro, an OpenType CFF Adobe Originals font family, never was bundled with and thus preinstalled with any “office suite software.” If it was on your computer system, it must have either been the result of (1) the font being installed along with older versions of Adobe Creative Suite software (including Illustrator and InDesign), (2) the font being licensed from Adobe or another Adobe authorized reseller, or (3) the font being copied (without a valid license) from some other source, in all cases either by you, someone who may have used the system prior to or in parallel with you, or by someone who administers the system for you.

I assume that you are seeing the problem in Microsoft Publisher with text formatted with the Adobe Garamond Pro font. The description of ‘Th’ displaying as another character seems to reflect the possibility that Microsoft Publisher is trying to access the ‘Th’ ligature in the Adobe Garamond Pro font, but is accessing the wrong character. It is unlikely that the problem is the font file itself (requiring “reinstallation”) but rather some type of bug in Microsoft Publisher. Alternatively, you can disable ligatures for the text within Microsoft Publisher and see if that remedies the immediate problem.

FWIW, there have not been any new versions of Adobe Garamond Pro in a number of years!

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines