• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The tutorial on Typekit shows an icon which shows up to the right of the font list. This does not appear for me, although I was able to download some Typekit fonts from the Typekit website. How do I get the icon to appear in Photoshop?

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please answer this question regarding the Typekit icon. It does not show up as shown in the tutorials.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2014 Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sherre,

Could you share the link to the tutorial you're referring to? I'd be happy to take a look. Let me know and we'll take it from there. Have a great weekend.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2014 Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/how-to/type-typekit-fonts.html?set=photoshopwhats-new2014-06%20&trackingid=KOUCZ

Work with the improved Type tool and use fonts from Typekit | Adobe Photoshop CC tutorials

Work with the improved Type tool and use fonts from Typekit Learn how to work more efficiently with type in Photoshop. (Watch, 3 min)

View on helpx.adobe.com Preview by Yahoo

Thanks!

sherresartzone.com, sonomacountysnapshots.com

<"( );:::::;~ Pismo Pup!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2014 Aug 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sherre,

Thanks for the link. Are you using the most recent version of Photoshop CC? If not, that's probably why you don't see the Typekit icon in Photoshop.

If you have the most recent version, it sounds like there's something else going on here. I would try turning font sync off and then back on in the Creative Cloud app under Gear > Preferences > Fonts.

That might solve the issue. Let us know if you need anything else.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the latest version of CC; will try your suggestion; thanks!

Sherre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that; didn't change a thing. Bummer.

Sherre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to fix the problem. I needed to uninstall the older version of Photoshop CC, and just have the CC 2014 version on my computer. The icon shows up just fine. Thanks for your help.

Sherre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines