Transfering Fonts from G4 to iMAC

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2009 Feb 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have typefonts in a "Fonts" folder on my G4 (OS 9.1) that are not on my iMAC (OS 10.5.5). Is there a way to transfer and use them?

Right now when I burn the (PostScript and printer) fonts onto a CD they become unix files on my iMAC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lori,<br /><br />As far as installing fonts, I'd prefer to install them fresh from the <i>original</i> media (disc or download) to avoid problems with font corruption that can happen with transfers (been there; done that).<br /><br />By the way, that shiny new computer of yours is an "iMac", not an "iMAC". <g><br /><br />Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Right now when I burn the (PostScript and printer) fonts onto a CD they become unix file

That happens when you leave out the file extension at the end of each file name.

Never, ever leave out the extension on any file in OS X.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2009 Feb 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Maybe the CD you burned was formattted for PC-only. Make sure before you burn it that you have the "Mac" formatting clicked on.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines