Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type issue - 'T' arms issue

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys!

So I am relatively new to typography and I am having an issue I have been stuck on for quite a while so any help would be so much appreciated..

I am making a logo with text, the a 'T' after an 'S' at the end of a sentence. The arms of the 'T' make a large space between the 'S' and the 'T'.  When moved closer the arms of the 'T' touch the 'S' and it looks terrible.

I have tried taking off the arms of the 'T" to make them smaller, this just made it look odd. I have tried making the 'T' skinnier using the transform tool, this also looked weird..

I have tried looking online for different fonts with 'T's that would suit but I am finding it crazy difficult...

I tried drawing a 'T' out manually on paper and scanning it on.. I couldn't get it right and it still looked funny, I am starting to think it will never work and what I want to do it completely unachievable.

I will attach photos so my rambling makes a little sense.

Any help would be so so much appreciated xxScreen Shot 2018-02-09 at 00.17.53.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which program?

Why don't you make the small caps a little bit smaller?

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing to consider is that the S and T look too far apart (given the overlap). Perhaps if you move it far enough the nasty visual effect will finimish: maybe the serif of the T could point down the snake of the S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

...if you do that you may want to snuggle the I up inside the arms of the H too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines