• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TypeKit fonts don't show in Photoshop

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2014 Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not just on Apple, having same issue on PC. Font Typekit is a JOKE. It's been nothing but trouble. It blocks fonts I already owned and had loaded, and when I try to sync fonts from Typekit via Adobe Cloud, it won't. I purely HATE this new Creative Cloud...should be called Creative Fog. If someone from Adobe wants to contact me to help, use the webform at Contact - Lucid Marketing Consultant Nashville | Lucid Marketing ... I have no intention of hanging on the phone for hours like the fellow who started this stream. PS So I went back, reloaded Creative Cloud, went back to Typekit, it says the fonts are synced, but they do not show up in Photoshop: typekit bites - LucidGal's library ... how do I get out of Creative Cloud and just go back to the out-of-the-box Adobe programs that used to work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching this to a separate discussion and moving the discussion to the Photoshop General Discussion forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a PhotoShop problem; it is a Creative Cloud/Typekit problem. I just heard from the Typekit folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2014 Nov 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still not resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Devorah18 then I would recommend contacting our TypeKit support directly at support@typekit.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's this forum for? Adobe issues, or not? I did contact them, and they have not resolved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And still not... This is so typical...a software company (Adobe) creates a situation ~ like making Typekit mandatory ~ then says it's not their (Adobe's) problem. Using Adobe products in the cloud kills off the fonts I have used forever not-in-the-cloud, fonts I paid for, but that's also not Adobe's problem. Just dandy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Devorah18 can you please clarify.  Are you only experiencing difficulty utilizing your font in Photoshop?  Or are you facing font difficulties in multiple applications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PhotoShop, InDesign, and Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Devorah18 if you open up TextEdit from the Applications folder is the font available and usable there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What "Text Edit" in what "Applications" folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Devorah18 which operating system are you using?  If you are using Windows can you see the fonts in WordPad or NotePad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to Typekit and synced a font that was one I am sure I didn't have before, and it shows up in WordPad (which I never use). It is also showing up in Adobe programs (not what was happening before) but some of the fonts I owned previously and are installed on my Windows 7 PC still won't show up, no matter what I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another fun Adobe Cloud issue. The app wants me to update PhotoShop, so I do, and it's been stuck on 56% now for about an hour. Can't use my program. (Super-fast internet connection, so let's not go there.) God I hate the Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Type forum.

Devorah18 what specific fonts are you facing difficulty installing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of the ones I own and have alays been able to use, Weiss, Mission come to mind. I don't have time to go back and look at every single font I've tried to use. I've tried and given up, which I think is really the objective for Adobe. Evidenced by asking a dozen questions about unrelated stuff and moving my problem around to different discussion threads. You win. I quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help, Jeff.

Kim, I just replied to your email. Let's see if we can get is resolved through Typekit Support and I'll post an update here for the forum history.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines