Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typekit fonts not working with Creative Cloud app

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an issue with fonts from Typekit and sync via Creative Cloud. Creative Cloud app on my Mac (OS X 10.10.5 and CC with the latest release 2.3.0.151) won't load synced fonts on Fonts tab, where is only loader. Adobe applications say that Typekit is off. That's weird, because everything worked fine. On the Preferences pane I'm not able to turn off Typekit (radio buttons are disabled). Any ideas to solve this problem? I tried restart my Mac, relaunch Creative Cloud, log out and log in to the Creative Cloud, change DNS to Google Public DNS etc. and nothing works. It's really frustrating.

Thank you.

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

I'm sorry that you ran into trouble with this!  It sounds like the Creative Cloud desktop application is unable to write to one of the preferences files on your machine, and so it gets stuck at a spinner & font sync doesn't work.

Run these steps to fix the problem:

1. quit the Creative Cloud desktop application

2. from the Go menu in the Finder, choose Go to Folder

3. paste in this path and click Go:

~/Library/Preferences/

4. In the window that opens, you should see a list of files including com.adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Adobe Type‌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry that you ran into trouble with this!  It sounds like the Creative Cloud desktop application is unable to write to one of the preferences files on your machine, and so it gets stuck at a spinner & font sync doesn't work.

Run these steps to fix the problem:

1. quit the Creative Cloud desktop application

2. from the Go menu in the Finder, choose Go to Folder

3. paste in this path and click Go:

~/Library/Preferences/

4. In the window that opens, you should see a list of files including com.adobe.accmac.plist

5. click on com.adobe.accmac.plist and rename it com.adobe.accmac.plist.old. You'll be asked to confirm that you want to change the extension to .old.

6. start the Creative Cloud desktop application again.

If that doesn't fix the problem for you, please send the recent sync logs from your computer to support@typekit.com and we will look into it further:

help.typekit.com/customer/portal/articles/1649149#logs

Thank you,

— liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These directions are great for people with MACs. What about PC users? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where / how I can find recent sync logs from computer?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble finding the Go menu in Finder. Do you know where that might be located? I have a Macbook Pro if that makes any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go menu is located in the menu bar on the top of the screen There is an Apple logo, Finder, File, Edit, View and finally Go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot seem to find the file or the menus on Windows where is it located? or how do I fix this on windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines