• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typography in Flash

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2008 Oct 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I doing this right? Any advice for a young typographer?

I do my typography, mostly for web and textile, in Flash. It has some pretty decent anti-aliasing. Not as good as Firefox, but better than what I've seen Photoshop and Illustrator being able to do. Granted, "Export Image" has a tendency to blur things, but if I take screenshots from within Flash and paste them into Photoshop, I get very clean and crisp results. Flash is also very simple. It's very easy to break up the letters (if the kerning is inaccurate, which it often is) and then re-adjust things manually.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 29, 2008 Oct 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Flash, at least in CS3 and lower, is typographically very weak. I would not recommend using it for any other purpose than Flash movies. You have already noted that you need to fix the poor kerning ... wouldn't it be better to use a tool that does not do bad kerning.

I would use Illustrator or InDesign for anything typographic, and then Photoshop, long before looking at Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines