Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

U+0323 (nang) Combining Dot

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2015 Mar 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I just downloaded the Arno Pro family font.

I am trying to use the nang (combining dot) with this font and am having difficulty. When I try using the combining dot that is made for other fonts (ie. Times New Roman) it ends up being off-centre and I have to keep switching back. Any tips or tricks on this.

I am using a Mac, in case that matters. Will ideally be working in Word 2011 for Mac and will be importing to InDesign for typesetting.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2015 Mar 22, 2015
Arno Pro does not support the combining dot below character (U+0323), so any time you try to use this character you will either get a fallback/replacement font, or the .notdef glyph (upright rectangle with an X inside).

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arno Pro does not support the combining dot below character (U+0323), so any time you try to use this character you will either get a fallback/replacement font, or the .notdef glyph (upright rectangle with an X inside).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

‌I am aware of that but I saw it being done in a published work and I was wondering if there are any creative ways in how they did it without resorting to creating my own font.

perhaps there is a very close match?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines