Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

URGENT : Hello everyone I need to know how to manage my 6500 fonts (including families) Is there a way to see them even deactivated!???

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone I need to know how to manage my 6500 fonts (including families) - "and yes I like them all"

Is there a way to see them even deactivated on some softwares like Photoshop/ Illustrator and InDesign? Because every time I reopen them they seem to crash every time I try to use the type tool.. I though about converting them into some other type of files like vectors but it would be hard to work with that, I think..

Anyone??

p.s.the worst thing is when we "deactivate" them they stop showing on the softwares like Photoshop and so on, I'm gonna have to create a suitcase for them

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017
To “manage” large numbers of fonts, you really need to license a third party font management tool. (Although Adobe once provided a product in this area, Adobe Type Manager, Adobe no longer provides any such products.)However, the idea of a font manager is to avoid the situation where non-activated fonts show up in application font menus. In your particular case, the idea of a list of 6500 fonts (or even half that) in every font menu is mind-boggling. Typical font management tools do provide a me...

Translate

Translate
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To “manage” large numbers of fonts, you really need to license a third party font management tool. (Although Adobe once provided a product in this area, Adobe Type Manager, Adobe no longer provides any such products.)

However, the idea of a font manager is to avoid the situation where non-activated fonts show up in application font menus. In your particular case, the idea of a list of 6500 fonts (or even half that) in every font menu is mind-boggling. Typical font management tools do provide a mechanism to view all the fonts in its own environment and let you activate and deactivate fonts per your needs.

Bottom line, what you are asking for is not possible with font management tools and what you are really asking for is the ability of Adobe applications (and/or even the underlying operating systems) to accommodate exceptionally large numbers of fonts concurrently installed.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines