• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use Adobe fonts by project partners

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can project partners get acces to Adobe fonts?

For a project I use the font Alfarn. Partners in the same project have to use the same font. But not all the partners have a CreativeCloud-membership. Do they have to buy the font? And if yes, where can they by the font Alfarn?
Regards, Theo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Hi Theo,

Right now, the best bet would be to have your clients sign up for a Creative Cloud subscription. If they just need access to this font, they can sign up for the single-app InCopy subscription which is the most affordable; currently $4.99 a month.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they have to have a license for the font. It is never allowed to share a font with partners unless they also have a license - Typekit protects you from this error. Please see FAQs about fonts | Adobe Type

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello MVP,

Thank you for your answer on my first question. It was the answer that I expected. The more important question is the second one: "where can they buy the (adobe) font Alfarn"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first question on the FAQ was "Where do I get Adobe fonts?" Including "Perpetual desktop licenses for any Adobe typeface are available from ..." Is the answer incomplete?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is indeed incomplete. The perpetual desktop licenses for the Adobe typeface Alfarn seems not to be available anywhere. So again, where can they buy it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Theo,

Right now, the best bet would be to have your clients sign up for a Creative Cloud subscription. If they just need access to this font, they can sign up for the single-app InCopy subscription which is the most affordable; currently $4.99 a month.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ben,

Yes, this will help, thank you!

Cheers,

Theo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben, I guess this is saying that for some Adobe originals, there is only Typekit, no perpetual sales through partners?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Currently, yes as this is a newer typeface. We're working on perpetual licensing for it. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stay tuned for a few months …

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines