• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use of Fonts in PDFs

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2015 Jan 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Can I create PDFs of documents that use fonts (that were installed in my Macintosh upon installation of Adobe Creative Suite CS5) for creating proofs for client approval and for sending to supplier for output?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Unconditionally, yes!

This is not necessarily true for fonts sourced from other font foundries which although they may allow embedding in PDF files, might charge royalties for PDF files with such fonts embedded distributed for any commercial purpose. Fonts sourced from Adobe (including fonts bundled with Adobe products) have no such embedded use distribution royalties.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unconditionally, yes!

This is not necessarily true for fonts sourced from other font foundries which although they may allow embedding in PDF files, might charge royalties for PDF files with such fonts embedded distributed for any commercial purpose. Fonts sourced from Adobe (including fonts bundled with Adobe products) have no such embedded use distribution royalties.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2015 Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Dov.

May I provide my client with the final PDF for their use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

susanm1861977 wrote:

Thank you, Dov.

May I provide my client with the final PDF for their use?

Absolutely, yes!

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've purchased other fonts from Adobe.com. Do the same privileges apply for making PDFs and providing them to clients for their use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same applies to all fonts either licensed from Adobe (typically via adobe.com) or licensed via being bundled with Adobe applications. All these fonts have at least preview and print embedding privileges which means you can embed the fonts in PDF (or EPS) files and redistribute the resultant PDF (or EPS) files without any limitation for personal or commercial purposes. Obviously, you cannot redistribute the raw font files!

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, very much! Enjoy the rest of your day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines