• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User installed fonts not usable in Adobe applications

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of Windows 10 1803, users have been able to install fonts to their machines without requiring local administrator privileges.

There are currently two options when you right click a font file:

Install - Does not require local administrator privileges, the font will be installed to "AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Fonts"

Install for all users -  Does require local administrator privileges, the font will be installed to "%SystemRoot%\Fonts"

Currently if a user does not have local administrator privileges and opts to use the "Install" option Adobe applications do not discover the font.

Are there any plans to change this? It would be great if Adobe applications searched both directories for fonts so that users without local administrator privileges could install fonts themselves and then use them in Adobe applications without having to use a third party font manager tool.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

There is a known issue with both InDesign and Illustrator with regards to recognizing and/or packaging fonts that are not installed for all users.

I personally submitted the bug for remediation and we expect that this will be resolved in the next version of both Illustrator and InDesign.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a known issue with both InDesign and Illustrator with regards to recognizing and/or packaging fonts that are not installed for all users.

I personally submitted the bug for remediation and we expect that this will be resolved in the next version of both Illustrator and InDesign.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Dov, is there an issue tracker for this so that I can be aware when this has been resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no “issue tracker” but I do know definitively that the fix will be in the next full release of InDesign.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please clarify what you mean by "full release" ? I believe InDesign is currently on version 14.0.3 , will we need to wait until version 15.0 for a fix or 14.1 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next full release would be 15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is now April 2021 and I am running InDesign 16.1 and still having these same problems. I can see the fonts when looking at the font folder as an admin .. but they are not available to InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines