• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Adobe CE (Polish) in Garamond Premier Pro

New Here ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm typesetting a document in English, but there is a name referenced that requires a Polish letter (looks like an "l" with a slash through it). I'm using Garamond Premier Pro, which supports the Adobe CE languages, including Polish, but searching has not yet enabled me to figure out how to access Polish glyphs.

What do I need to do?

Thanks,

Tim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further steps I have taken:

• I have found the proper character in the character map.Won't copy and paste properly using Unicode (Alt + 0142).
  • Enabled Polish support in Control Panel > Regional and Language Options (am on XP Pro).

When I use the Unicode, it gives me two blank spaces in my word processor.

Also made the attempt of altering the text in an exported PDF and it crashed Acrobat Professional (8).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I managed to get it in Open Office, but not in my word processor (which is very powerful but old: Lotus WordPro Millennium Edition). Hopefully I can manage this as a text touchup in Acrobat Professional without crashing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is likely that your Lotus WordPro is not unicode compatible. If this is something you need regularly it will be time to change your workflow by upgrading to a more modern WP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Michael. So-called modern word processors don't have features that WordPro does, features important to me (such as very easy-to-use chapter support by way of divider tabs). And, WordPro does support Alt+ keyboard shortcuts.

But that's not a gamebreaker, since I'm not sharing WordPro files, anyway. Typing a fix into Acrobat Professional would be logical for individual letter fixes, but it doesn't work. Once I got it to stop crashing, it still will not paste the correct characters from the Character Map (even though, again, it works in OpenOffice).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines