• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Font Folio in InDesign to export in PDF to app store

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2014 Sep 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our customer is creating applications using In Design.    These applications are exported into PDF format for viewing on mobile devices.    Is there any additional licensing needed from Adobe in this scenario?

Also, in the future (not now) if the customer would like to look into perhaps fonts to be embedded in a app the customer is creating, what licensing would be needed?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2014 Sep 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For export of PDF from InDesign (or saving PDF from Illustrator or Photoshop), no additional license is required for embedding fonts sourced from Adobe (including all the fonts in the Font Folio and any bundled with Adobe applications).

This is not true for use in applications where text is being generated on-the-fly and/or can be entered by the user. Others will comment on those licensing requirements.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Dov, I didn't see any additional comments.  Would you be able to direct me to how I would find more information on how to use Adobe Fonts in on the fly applications? Customer is questioning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines