• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using font for design

Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Dov Isaacs and other crew,

Thank you all for so simple answers on forum, you are the best because something complicated you answer on a simple way,  but I have one more question. As you said buying licence means that we are able to use font for design, print, etc. but if we are designing let say watermark for photo, because I am hobby photographer, not selling anything but like to design watermarks for my photos. Is it ok to add or attach ornament to letter, let say if I am using letter M inside some font is it ok if I attach flower to left leg of M, or ornament or anything, not changing software or anything else just adding something that is representing things that I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did reply to your private message. Repeating my response for others to see …

What you can do with a particular font depends upon the font and whom you license the font from. For fonts you license from Adobe, you may make any modifications or augmentations you want, either to the font itself, its outlines (assuming let's say you “outline” some text) or rasters. The restriction is that you may not redistribute such fonts to others, the visual results in your artwork or photos, yes, the fonts themselves, no.

Hopefully that makes some sense?

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines