• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using OT fonts in Encapsulated Postscript

New Here ,
May 02, 2003 May 02, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm writing an Ecapsulated Postscript file which inculdes text.

I've found that any font name that includes spaces fail. For instance, the following PS command works fine:

/Ariel findfont setfont

While this does not:

/Bookman Old Style findfont setfont

I've also tried using a string for the name like so:

/Strfnt (Bookman Old Style) def
/Strfnt findfont setfont

Alas, this fails as well. Can anyone tell me howto use a font name which includes spaces within an EPS file?

Thanks for any help,

landon
TOPICS
Open Type FDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 04, 2003 May 04, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't. However, you don't need to, either.

What EPS expects to see is the PostScript FontName. This does not have spaces, and usually uses a dash to separate the family name from the style name. For example, "Helvetica-Roman" or "BookmanOldStyle-Regular" (I don't know that's actually the right name, just a guess).

Regards,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2003 May 06, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! So you're saying that every OpenType font has a corresponding Postscript name?

Am I understanding you correctly?

How can I determine what the Postscript name is? Is it buried in the font file somewhere?

landon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 06, 2003 May 06, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on Windows, or if you're using ATM Deluxe, you can get a font sample sheet that shows the PostScript FontName. Just double click on the font.

Most other font management applications should have some option for showing you the PostScript FontName.

For any OpenType font from Adobe, the file name is in fact the PostScript FontName with ".otf" tacked on the end.

Regards,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2003 Jul 01, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You can also use OTFProof to dump the name table of any OTF font and find the PostScript name entry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines