Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Viewing large glyphs in Illustrator/InDesign glyphs panel

Engaged ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have the same problem in InDesign&Ilustrator (both CS4) and was wondering, if it were possible to view glyphs as a whole somehow.

When I, for example, use certain script fonts, I never get to see the swashes or anything outside their tiny little glyph box.

After trying to solve my problem in another thread in the Illustrator forums, I came to the conclusion this is impossible in any Adobe software. Is there an external tool that can help me? I'm on a Windows x64 machine

To illustrate my problem:

"O" in glyphs panel vs. reality

scr o.PNG

scr o 2.PNG

alternates for "f" in glyphs panel:

scr f.PNG

All utterly useless, and I use several of such types of fonts constantly. Unbearable. Please help

I'm using several screens, so I don't care about screen estate. I just want to see what I'm doing.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*bump*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would you like this moved to the Illustrator or InDesign forum for some more specific help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines