• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warning LH Pi Font Reinstall

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purchased this font from Adobe years ago.  Have transitioned to several computers but in moving from our old Dell with Win 7 to new  Dell XPS with Win 8.1 it asks for more than the two files that I transfer to fonts folder.

Do I need to obtain this from Adobe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Type forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I assume that you are referring to the Type 1 version of this font.

The correct way of installing a Type 1 font on any recent version of Windows is to put a copy of both the .pfb and the .pfm files in a directory other than the Windows font directory. Right click on the .pfm file and select Install. That will copy both files to the Windows font directory and properly create the proper entries for same in the Windows registry. You can then delete the two files from the directory you copied them to (of course keeping a backup of all such assets).

- Dov

PS:     You never actually “purchased” this font from Adobe. You “licensed” the font or maybe better expressed, you “purchased a license” for use of the font.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines