• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

warning message

Aug 27, 2008 Aug 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

Font management isn't my strongest subject. At our office, we've recently installed OS X Leopard (10.5.4) on our production machines. My machine is a Mac Pro (2006) with 3 gigs of ram and we are running Suitcase Fusion 12.1.7 for our font management. I have been getting a new error message since the Leopard install (see link below):

Does anyone know what might be causing this? Apparently there is some conflict with my system font...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JM,

There is a system required font called Helvetica.dfont. You have loaded
another Helvetica font that is conflicting with this system required
font. Remove the helvetica font controlled by fusion, do not remove
Helvetica.dfont!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked with our person who handles our systems and he confirmed that the helvetica.dfont has been removed. Any thoughts on why this would be a good idea?

I was also told that Adobe Font Folio 11 is on the way and when we get it, the problem will be "corrected". How would adding the otf version of Helvetica affect this situation?

Thanks,
-JM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 29, 2008 Aug 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The OpenType CFF version of Helvetica on Font Folio 11 has a different name, so it won't conflict with the Mac system version.

Cheers,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines