• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happens with Typekit license, if cc subscription doesn’t exist any more?

LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use Typekit fonts to create a website for a customer in Adobe Muse, and I then cancel my CC subscription (let’s say, because I am retiring), what happens to the website of my customer. Will the fonts still show up?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Hi mac_heibu,

There are two different options for using web fonts in Muse: the Edge Web Fonts which are built in to Muse and the fonts from the Typekit library which you can add to Muse via the kit JavaScript.

The Edge Web Fonts are the ones that you see when you choose "Add Web Fonts" in the Muse Type menu:

Screen Shot 2014-07-03 at 15.02.46 PM.png

These font selections are not tied to your Creative Cloud account.  Edge Web Fonts is a free service which will continue to work in a site that you built in Muse even if you cancel your Creati

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mac_heibu,

There are two different options for using web fonts in Muse: the Edge Web Fonts which are built in to Muse and the fonts from the Typekit library which you can add to Muse via the kit JavaScript.

The Edge Web Fonts are the ones that you see when you choose "Add Web Fonts" in the Muse Type menu:

Screen Shot 2014-07-03 at 15.02.46 PM.png

These font selections are not tied to your Creative Cloud account.  Edge Web Fonts is a free service which will continue to work in a site that you built in Muse even if you cancel your Creative Cloud subscription.

You can also use any of the fonts in the Typekit library in a Muse website, as explained in this Muse Insider article: [Edited on 19 March 2018 unfortunately this article is no longer available and the link was compromised.]

These fonts are tied to your account through the Typekit JavaScript you used to add them to Muse.  If you choose to cancel your subscription, the fonts will no longer be served to any of the sites which are hosted on your Typekit account. Any site using web fonts from Typekit will display the fallback fonts specified in your font stack or the browser’s defaults. 

An alternative is to set up a Typekit account for your client. This allows the Typekit fonts to be one of the deliverables that you hand off to the client when the project is completed. It also attaches the annual Typekit subscription fee to your client's billing information.

I hope that this helps; let me know if you have any other questions!  Best,

-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2014 Jul 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your clear answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "How to add Typekit fonts..." link on this page has been hijacked. Do not click on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the heads up; I've removed the compromised link from the previous post.  Please contact support@typekit.com if you'd like more information on how to add Typekit to a Muse site manually.

Best,

-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines