* Item 1
* Item 2
* Item 3

Or like this?

Here is my list:

* Item 1
   * Item 2
   * Item 3

That is, with or without the initial bullet indent?

Much obliged!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no correct way. The only thing that (to me) is incorrect is with numbered lists, where you want to have the numbers right aligned, so that 9 and 10 line up with the 9 directly over the 0 of 10. I prefer to have hanging bullets (or numbers), and in the case of bullets, an indent of an en or so. In numbers, I prefer to see the numbers indent an en for single digit numbers, and no indent for the two digit ones. If the list is long with 1 digit going up to three digits, I will switch on a later page, so that the two digit numbers will have an en space before, allowing space for the third digit later on that page.

But there are no rules. It is entirely design esthetics.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great answer, Don!

I'll add that for either numbered or bulleted lists, I prefer to use about one-third to one-half a line of extra space between items. Lists set with no extra space between the items don't work nearly as well.

Regards,

T

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines