• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is support? Typekit does not render in IE 8. 3 days and still no response via email?

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tyepkit does not render properly in IE 8. My client is on a government network which requires the use of  IE 8. I submitted an email to support@typekit.com on July 5th; only to receive an autoresponder that the ENTIRE support Team is on vacation from July 1-5th. I'm glad we the people, can pay for all of Adobe's team to take off an American holiday when most of their support comes from India?

I submitted another email on the 8th; no response and today is the 9th. As I am under a deadline, support is NOT RESPONDING at all. I called the Abobe support number 1-800-642-3623 The wait time stated 4-6 minutes. After waiting on hold for over 2 hours the call was NEVER Answered. I am NOW attempting a second time; which now I am told the wait time will be over 1 hour.

What has happened to Adobe customer service? This is an abhorrent way to treat any paying customer. I'm not used to being treated like I live in 3rd world country. I have an Adobe Cloud subscription and upgraded my account on AdobeTypekit. Since Typekit has abandoned any reasonable timeframe on emails and has no support number/live operator I am going to cancel this horrible account.

Does anyone know of a much better solution for fonts other than Typekit? I hope everyone thinks twice before supporting this company, as customer service ceases to exist.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have forwarded your message to our Customer Support escalation team. Hopefully, someone will contact you within the next few hours.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the long wait via phone, I was told Typekit was not supported by Adobe Support, that it is owned by another company and the email is the only support for that product. Really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is absolutely not true. We are working on getting someone to contact you directly!

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very sorry for the trouble and delay here. I've replied to your email with some instructions that may help solve this issue with IE8:

http://blog.typekit.com/2013/03/14/the-dangers-of-cross-browser-testing-with-ie9s-browser-modes/

http://blog.typekit.com/2011/06/27/new-from-typekit-variation-specific-font-family-names-in-ie-6-8/

If this doesn't solve the issue, I'll need to gather some more information about the network, etc. Please see my email and we'll take it from there.

Again, sorry for the delay.

-Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted support@typekit last night, and didn't receive so much as an automated "we got your question" reply.  18 hours, later, no response.  Just sent my second follow-up email.  All I want to do is UPGRADE and SPEND MORE MONEY.  At this point, I am looking for an alternative too.  This has seriously dented my confidence in Adobe (which has generally been good -- that's why this is so weird.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello CornbreadFlightisTaken,

I have just replied to your email, and apologize for any delay in getting back to you.  Please let me know if you continue to have trouble upgrading your account and we will look into it.

-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines