• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which are the Adobe CS4 Core fonts (needed by apps to run)

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2009 Feb 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing some spring cleaning on my fonts, and thought I'd minimize the installed fonts to the basics. Anyone know the necessary fonts related to adobe to keep in the system directory?

(I'll be managing the fonts I like as usual and load them back in on a as needed basis.)

thanks for any info.
Pete

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 20, 2009 Feb 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All CS4 apps should have installed any truly required fonts in a private app directory or in the shared Adobe directory. You ought to be able to remove anything in the system directory you want to.

At least, that was the intent when we were planning CS4 font installation.

Cheers,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2009 Feb 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>(I'll be managing the fonts I like as usual and load them back in on a as needed basis.)

I recommend that you get a good font manager to make life easier here. If you're on a Mac, try FontAgent Pro (and disable Font Book).

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

@Thomas, thanks for that, just wondering what fonts the adobe cs4 need installed to run properly (those used by the UI say in photoshop, indesign)...which are these?

@Neil, yep been using MainType for the past couple of years. I prefer it to FontAgent (I'm a windows vista user)...the UI is ugly in windows, IMHO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
DOH! Thomas forget that last question! I was a sleepyPety! LOL

I noticed that livecycle has a "euro sign" font link in the system folder to this location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Designer 8.2\Fonts

but when I uninstalled it with maintype, it didn't go to my maintype "uninstalled fonts" folder, it just removed the link/reg value, but I'm wondering if that will cause any issues? (I'm just wondering if there were any more like that which completely uninstalled due to just being a "link" in the fonts folder.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines