• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which front with Garmond?

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The name of my business is iTutor Computers which displays a look and feel of the corporate world. The problem I'm having is as follows the front of the business card uses the font Garamond and Quicksand. Which I think plays very well together, but the back of the card which will have "Spot UV" applied to the font of Quicksand I have been just informed that the font is to thin. So do you have any suggestions for a font that I can use on the back of the card which will need to play well with Garamond & Quicksand? From my understanding of fonts I should use a rounded,sans-serif but I'm not sure.   I have included a picture of the back of the card

ITC-bcard-back.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2010 Jul 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OC Diva,

Which I think plays very well together, but the back of the card which will have "Spot UV" applied please elaborate
to the font of Quicksand I have been just informed that the font is to thin please elaborate.
So do you have any suggestions for a font that I can use on the back of the card which will need to play well with Garamond & Quicksand? From my understanding of fonts I should use a rounded,sans-serif but I'm not sure.   I have included a picture of the back of the card how is that different from what you want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is Spot UV?

The very first image has the "Spot UV" applied it's the shinny black print

What's wrong with the Quicksand font

Quicksand is a fine font which the spot uv will not work with.

I'm looking to replace the font within the blue area with a font that has

the same feel and that works well with Garamond

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OC Diva,

What's wrong with the Quicksand font

Quicksand is a fine font which the spot uv will not work with.

Depending on the application, you may add to its thickness without using Bold; in Illustrator, you may use the Appearance palette/panel flyout and Add New Stroke, half of which will be added to the original shape of each letter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jacob for the tip, actually that's what exactly I decided to do.

Simply because the while font thing is just a can of worms that I think I

better leave alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome, Dorothy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is Spot UV?

http://www.uvcards.com/Inspiration-Gallery#/gallery/img/images_B.jpg

The very first image has the "Spot UV" applied it's the shinny black print

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines