• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I install downloaded Bickham script that I paid for?

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I paid $35 for Bickham script in October 2013.  My computer crashed and I had to buy a new one.  I tried to reinstall by downloading from my original order.  It did download, but to a zip file.  I can "open" the ZIP file but there is no "install" option.  Stuck.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

did you unzip it first?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is some font that you wish to install, I believe you normally install fonts thru your system mnanagement such as thru the Control Panel on a PC with Windows installed.  I don't know what the equivalent is on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no obvious way to get it to work through the Control Panel.  I am using System 8.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unzip the downloaded file (use google to find an unzip app if you don't have one), right click the extracted font and click install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that, but it didnt work.  The only option was "open", not "install"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you unzip it first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I did, but using a different option was able to get it unzipped and therefore get the "install" option.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick search of Google should be all you need.  Try using terms like "Windows 8 install font"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines