• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why didn't all my fonts transfer over?

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was setting up my mac book pro with all my presets that I have on my windows pc.  However, one of the fonts didn't transfer over and it is even missing from the type kit.  If it has been removed, then why would my pc still have it?  Is it a glitch?

TOPICS
FAQ , Missing feature , Missing font , Product issue , Sync issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fonts have to be installed (unless they are in Typekit). Fonts are sometimes removed from typekit but if you installed it outside Typekit you will still have it. Older Adobe apps installed many fonts, the new ones no longer do that and don't have licenses for those fonts. 

In other words, transferring presets will do nothing. You have to manage the fonts yourself, after checking licenses for any fonts you plan to copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds fair.  I don't recall downloading any font that didn't come from the Typekit.  I'm very hesitant about downloading random things off the internet because of what people have done to it.  Anyways, it hasn't really changed the video I was using it for, but I thought it fit for the project.  Thanks for your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines