• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I only get the western version of Kazuraki font?

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I download and install the free Kazuraki font I do not get all the cool scripts just this:

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

Not this:

書風をベースに、アドビのタイプデザイナー西塚涼子がデザインした書体です。西塚涼子は、藤原定家

or any of the other ones...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Adobe Type

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 04, 2012 Aug 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All of the cool script-like glyphs in Kazuraki are encoded in their appropriate code points according to Unicode, and you must thus use a Japanese input method to enter the characters, which is usually done via pronunciation. If that is not the issue, and if you copy the Japanese text above (書風をベースに、アドビのタイプデザイナー西塚涼子がデザインした書体です。西塚涼子は、藤原定家), paste it into an application, select the text, then apply Kazuraki as the font, and the correct glyphs still do not appear, it may be an application issue. It would then be helpful to know which OS you're using (and which specific version), whether you have Japanese enabled, and which applications you have tried.

Also, was the font free because it was a registration benefit for purchasing an Adobe application or application suite, or did you download it from some other source. If it is the latter, it may be a bootlegged version that includes only the Latin glyphs (which, by the way, are based on Brioso Pro Semibold Display, but scaled and shifted to better match the glyphs for kana and kanji), and it would be helpful if you were to send to me (lunde@adobe.com) the font file so that I can confirm this.

BTW, I was the one who did the production of this font, so I know all of of its particulars intimately well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines